Tips for hiring a contractor to clean your home or business
As a home or business owner, it is often easier to do things yourself and save a little bit of money. If you are a “jack of all trades” type person you have learned a lot and know how to handle the general maintenance required of ownership. However, sometimes it is better to step back and hire a contractor who deals with certain tasks on a daily basis. Soft Washing is probably an area where this is a wise choice. Here are some reasons why and some questions to ask when choosing a contractor.
- Ask about the chemicals being used and how environmentally safe they are.
- Shop around and compare
- Get several bids that detail the work that will be done- the cost and any payment terms and references.
- Beware of companies that offer a quick solution or use misleading statements or scare tactics
A professional also knows how to how to safely operate the pumps and other equipment on site.
- Ask what certifications the company has acquired and what training the employees go through.
- Liability and Trustworthiness
The company performing work for you should carry liability insurance. For example, IDW has proof of its insurance coverage and it is verified through Ask The Seal.com, a third party company that verifies state license, insurance and customer satisfaction and performs annual criminal and sex offender background checks on its employees and the owners.
- Do not be afraid to ask contractors for proof of these qualifications.
- Find out if the company is a member of any associations like Better Business Bureau, their Trade Associations or Chamber of Commerce.
A professional service company will be faster than doing the project yourself. A 5 Star Company will provide the service that will not require repeat visits throughout the year.
- Ask for an expected time frame for your job
A reputable company will be happy to provide you with past clients and a history of jobs done in your area with your specific requirements.
- Ask for references – do not be afraid to contact them with specific questions
- Get recommendations from family and friend
- Ask for before and after photos of other jobs done locally or done specific to the job you are having completed
Taking the time to do your ‘Due Diligence’ will give you peace of mind and make the experience a good one. Be sure to hire the company that will do the job correctly, does not shy away from questions and gives direct answers to your questions.